This can be regarded as a very popular question among a lot of people who enjoy cooking. As we all know, soups can be regarded as an excellent food for everyone irrespective of their age. In addition to that, they are highly nutritious too. Here, we will be discussing in detail about the paula deen potatoe soup recipe. First of all, we will be giving a brief overview regarding this soup. Thereafter, we will be looking at the ingredients that are used in the preparation of this particular soup. Lastly, we will be looking at the method of preparation of this amazing soup.
As we have already stated, this can be considered as a very versatile recipe. It can be easily given to the babies who are making their transition from a liquid diet to a semi solid diet. It can also be given to toddlers who prefer food items that are soft in consistency. This can also be regarded as a great food to give to your children when they are sick and down with fever. It will definitely give them the much needed energy to fight back the infection. The elderly people who are having any sort of difficulty with chewing can easily have this soup. It is extremely delicious and at the same time, they can conveniently have it without any sort of trouble. So, without further delay, let’s get into our discussion of this soup’s details.
Paula deen potatoe soup recipe– An overview
It is appropriate to say that at Paula’s house, every meal’s a feast filled with the tastes, aromas, and spirited conversation. It essentially feels like a holiday family gathering. She is quite famous among a lot of food lovers all over the world.She shares her secrets for transforming simple and ordinary meals into memorable occasions in Cooking with Paula Deen. Her potato soup recipe is immensely popular and she shares different variations of this infamous recipe regularly. This can be regarded as an extremely creamy and delicious soup. The recipe of this soup is very simple and it is the best comfort food. Adding some cheese and bacon on top can make it even more special. An essential feature of this soup is that it has a perfect combination of protein, carbohydrate, as well as fat. Such a combination essentially provides us with various essential nutrients. Hence, this recipe is highly recommended for the toddlers as well as the children. As we all know, most of the children are fussy eaters and it is quite difficult to convince them to eat healthy homemade foods. During such situations, the mothers and the caregivers can definitely try this particular recipe. It will surely give the children a feel of a fancy restaurant meal and they will definitely finish the bowl without any sort of fussiness or complaints. Thus, the children will get the vital nutrients that are very much essential for their growth and development. In addition to that, it will also keep them full for a longer period of time. Hence, this is definitely an incredible soup and we must have a proper knowledge regarding the ingredients required as well as the method of preparation.
The paula deen potatoe soup recipe is indeed very simple and all the required ingredients are usually available at our home. The ingredients are listed below.
- Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- White Onion, finely diced
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: More cheese, bacon and chives
- The paula deen potatoe soup recipe is a very simple recipe and we can make the soup easily at our home without much trouble. First of all, we have to place all the ingredients except for the cheese and toppings in a crock pot. We can also use a bag of frozen diced hash browns instead of potatoes in this recipe if we prefer. Once the ingredients have been added to the crock pot, we have to cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
- After that, we have to dice up the cream cheese. Thereafter, we have to stir in the cream cheese and the shredded cheddar cheese. Then the mixture is covered and cooked on low for 20-30 more minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Then we can serve the soup warm topped with our favorite toppings and enjoy the delicious meal. Some of the most commonly used toppings are shredded cheese, chopped green onion or chopped onions, bacon bits, and sour cream. We can also refrigerate any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days. But we have to keep in mind that the soup will thicken as it cools down. Hence, we will have to add broth when reheating the soup to thin it back to the previous consistency.
- Some of us might want to serve something with this particular recipe. Grilled cheese sandwich can be regarded as a great option for this particular purpose. This cheese sandwich is perfect for dipping into the soup. You can also try some homemade rolls. The warm rolls and the potato soup can be regarded as an excellent combination. This soup can also be served with a simple side salad to lighten up this comfort food recipe.
For more blogs: Dailybely
Thus, from our discussion of the topic, “paula deen potatoe soup recipe”, it can be concluded that this recipe is incredible as well as delicious. Here, we have discussed in detail about this infamous recipe. First of all, we have provided a brief overview regarding this recipe of paula deen. After that, we have looked at the various ingredients that are necessary for the preparation of this particular soup. The ingredients are very simple as well as easily available. You do not have to do any extra grocery shopping to prepare this particular dish. Lastly, we have looked at the recipe of this soup in detail. Hence, this discussion can be regarded as extremely beneficial for all those who are thinking about cooking this awesome soup!