The File doctor tool is one of the best repairing tools available to get rid of the Quickbooks Company and network issues. The tool is the combination of two tools and works efficiently to fix issues. The tool is available in two versions which you can use at your convenience. If you are a Quickbooks user and you are still unknown about the tool, well, you are missing out on something great. Therefore, we have come up with this post for you to explain to you what the file doctor tool is and how you can use it on your system.
Quickbooks file doctor tool is available in two versions. One of them is the stand-alone version and the other is the inbuilt one. Though both versions work well, it is still recommended to use the stand-alone version of the tool. Here is what you need to know about the versions of Quickbooks file doctor:
● Stand-Alone Version: This version of QBFD is compatible with almost all the versions of Quickbooks. However, you may have to download this version of the tool from the Quickbooks website only.
● Inbuilt Version: This version of QBFD is only available with Quickbooks version 2016 and above. You can run the tool within the application when you encounter an issue.
So, before proceeding with downloading and installing the Quickbooks file doctor tool, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind. Here is what you need to know about the tool.
● You need to have a proper internet connection to download the tool on the system.
● Make sure that you are not using any other version of the tool. If any other version of the tool is present on the system, delete it and then only proceed.
● If you are using Quickbooks version 2016 and above, only then you will be able to use the Quickbooks file doctor in-built versions. For older versions of the application, you may have to download the stand-alone version.
● Update your Quickbooks application to the latest version to use the file doctor tool smoothly.
● QBFD is only available for the Windows operating system. It is not yet launched for the Mac operating system.
● On encountering issues, the tool usually starts on its own on the system. However, if it does not start, tap on the icon.
Here is a list of all the error codes you can resolve using the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
● Quickbooks won’t open
● Error code 6000 83
● All error codes belonging to the 6000 series
● All error codes belonging to the H series
● Quickbooks company file corrupted issue.
● Backup file issues.
So, now you know enough about the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Let’s proceed with downloading and installing it on the system. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you have to follow to download different versions of the tool. Follow the steps according to the version of the tool you are using.
● First, make sure that no other version of the tool is running on the system.
● Now, open the browser on the system and then download the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system.
● Tap on the downloaded file and begin the installation process.
● Agree to the license terms and conditions and also, choose the installation folder.
● On completion of the installation process, tap on the tool icon and start the tool on the system.
● When done, you will have to tap on the Browse option and then choose the company file with which you are facing issues.
● Now, in the next window, choose the option according to the type of error that you are facing.
● It will now redirect you to another window. Choose the type of system you are using.
● When done, it may ask you to type your admin credentials. Type them and proceed.
● Tap on the start scan option and begin the installation process.
● On completion, close the tool and check if the error is resolved.
● For this, start the Quickbooks application on the system.
● In the Quickbooks application, tap on the File tab.
● In the File tab, choose the utility option.
● When done, choose the network and file issues option.
● Here, choose the advanced settings option.
● From here, run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
● Choose the file with which you are facing issues.
● In the end, close the tool and check if the issue is resolved.
Apart from the method mentioned in this post, you can also use the tool via the Quickbooks tool hub. All you have to do is to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and use the tool by tapping on the company file issues tab.
The File doctor tool is a quite powerful tool that one can use to automatically get rid of Quickbooks errors. However, there are times when the tool may be unable to detect the issues. In that case, you can always seek help from technical experts. Hopefully, this article has helped you.