Unquestionably one of the greatest inkjet printers under $200 is the HP OfficeJet 4650. Yes, it is getting a bit older and won’t have many contemporary features. However, most people can get by without the features it misses because they aren’t really necessary for them.
We will discuss the hp officejet 4650 printer in this article in a way that will help you realize how effective it is. We will discuss several topics, including the appearance, print quality, page configuration, speed, features, and, of course, the pros and cons.
With an optical resolution of 1200 dpi, scanning is available on either the 8.5 x 11.7″ flatbed or the ADF for detailed images. With a scanning speed of 8 ppm for monochrome and 4 ppm for color, the device’s speed is also advantageous for scanning.
Additionally available are copying and faxing, which can be used to replicate documents or distribute them to other people. This printer also supports USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi connections, making it possible to connect to a computer or connect wirelessly to mobile devices in luxury gift boxes.
HP OfficeJet 4650 Features
- The main features of this hp officejet 4650 color inkjet photo printer include wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, a touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you never run out of ink, and more. Additionally, it features fax, copy, and scan capabilities.
- Mobile printing is possible with the free HP ePrint app for smartphones and tablets, with AirPrint for the iPhone and iPad, and Wireless Direct for printing even when there is no network connection.
- You can reduce your paper use by up to 50% by using two-sided printing, which lets you print on both sides of the page.
- All of your papers and projects will have laser-quality text and dazzling color.
- Before you run out of ink, your printer can order HP Instant Ink and have it delivered to your home, saving you up to 50%. (optional subscription required). Print up to twice as many pages with original HP 63 ink cartridges as you would with refillable ones.
- With an all-in-one that includes a fax and an automatic document feeder, you can complete chores quickly. Paper sizes supported include letter, legal, 4×6 and 5×7 sizes as well as 8×10 and No. 10 envelopes.
- 1 year limited hardware warranty: 24-hour, seven days a week Web assistance.
Why should you choose the hp officejet 4650?
This printercan function as a standalone copier and fax machine, as well as print, fax, and scan to computers. One of the main reasons it is only appropriate for light-duty office use is the single input tray’s 100-sheet capacity.
You can use it as a home and home office printer, as you can with practically any inkjet, but keep in mind that because there is only one paper tray, switching between printing on plain paper and photo paper will require switching the paper each time. Below you can get more details regarding the hp officejet 4650.
For an HP product, the print quality is actually quite good. The options allow you to choose a resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 DPI for excellent color printing. Additionally, it supports quick, high-quality borderless prints. There isn’t much better than that, honestly.
HP did put every function it could at the time on this specific printer. An automatic document feeder is present. You may use a USB cord to connect it to your PC and the HP smart app to control the printer. You can sign up for an account at HP.com to use Wi-Fi Direct and Apple AirPrint for wireless printing.
The hp officejet 4650 is undoubtedly not the fastest cheap printer. Even though it prints at a somewhat slow 9.5 pages per minute but Color printouts print at a slower 6.8 pages per minute.
Like other inkjet printers, it uses relatively little power. It does, however, have some significant ink efficiency shortcomings. And what’s worse, it’s an HP printer. Therefore it stands to reason that they will attempt to keep you within their own environment, where you are only able to purchase ink refills using genuine HP ink, HP Instant Ink, or the Amazon Dash Replenishment subscription services.
The hp officejet 4650 is currently relatively affordable, making it a good investment. However, HP customer service in the US is mediocre at best. The printer is also not very ink-efficient, even when compared to less expensive inkjet printers, despite the fact that it does handle high-yield ink cartridges.
Like the majority of OfficeJet printers, hp officejet 4650 offers a wide range of connecting options. If you simply want to utilize it to replace an old printer, you can connect to it with a USB type B adapter. We personally suggest going with wireless connectivity.
With the HP Photosmart software you loaded during the setup procedure, you ought to be able to print wirelessly directly. Even though the range is a little less, this allows for functionality like turning on the printer when you need to print anything.
The hp officejet 4650 Wireless All-in-One has a sophisticated appearance and some cutting-edge capabilities that we really liked. Its shape is extremely circular and curved. While the paper tray is gradually sliding into the hopper, the curved face opens up into the lower tray.
The high-resolution LCD is the only feature designed to distract you from the front of the printer among the few available. Here, a 2-inch touchscreen is utilized. It may not be the biggest display we’ve ever seen, but it still offers a straightforward way to quickly and simply receive information about your print job.
The Pros & Cons
- The hp officejet 4650 has a fax and can print through the cloud.
- Automatic printing on both sides.
- Support for papers 8 by 10 inches.
- There are Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct options.
- There is an ADF (Automatic document feeder).
- Photos print quickly and with excellent quality.
- There is no Ethernet on it.
- lengthy startup times
- Slow image printing and scanning
- You are typically tied to Instant Ink or HP’s Dash Replenishment subscription service.
For more blogs: Dailybely
HP Instant Ink Program
This hp officejet 4650 printer is eligible for HP’s Instant Ink Program, which, for a minimal monthly cost, offers users to have their printer automatically inform HP when it runs out of ink so that a new cartridge may be delivered to your home. This method eliminates the need for regular ink level monitoring and ensures that you always have a cartridge available.
Everything you required to purchase the printer has been provided in this post. The all-in-one printer, which is among the best in its price range, offers decent service, particularly with its direct Wi-Fi function, which enables you to connect it to your smartphone or computer and print some high-quality photographs. Overall, the hp officejet 4650 Printer is a great value that you can buy for your regular job.