There are many places to visit near Delhi when you choose to go on a trip with your family. As the best way to have bonding with your family is to have picnics, you must keep sure that the place you choose has to be the best and perfect as well.
A place that is rich in culture and heritage is not only significant for a family trip as you get to witness the glorious view but is also helpful for children as they get to learn a lot more about other cultures.
Some of the best weekend Getaways from Delhi which are ideal for family picnics are-
Located in Uttrakhand’s Tehri Garhwal region, Rishikesh is a tehsil originating right on the banks of the holiest river, the Ganges. This place is favorable for a family tour because of its association with several mythological and religious legends related to Lord Vishnu, Lord Bharat, and various prominent sages.
- Must-have experiences in Rishikesh:
- Bungee Jumping
- Giant Swing
- Reverse Bungee Jumping
- Flying Fox
- Sky Cycling
- Must-visit places in Rishikesh:
- Lakshman Jhula
- Ram Jhula
- Beatles Ashram
- Trayambakeshwar Temple
- Rishi Kund, and many more.
- Travel time: 4 hours 50 mins, 237 km from Delhi.
- Best time to visit Rishikesh: During the winter months, from November-February.
Manali, located in the mighty Himalayas is a place having spectacular valleys filled with forests of oak, deodar, fir, and pine. This is an ideal place for a family tour because it is fully packed with nature, good food, adventure, sports, and ancient heritage.
- Must-have experiences in Manali:
- River rafting in Kullu
- Riverside camping rafting
- Hot air balloon ride
- Local Sightseeing tour at Manali
- Igloo stay
- ATV ride
- Must-visit places in Manali:
- Hidimba Devi Temple
- Solang Valley
- Rohtang Pass
- Manu Temple
- Old Manali
- Manali Sanctuary, and many more.
- Travel time: 11 hours 16 mins, 538 km from Delhi.
- Best time to visit Manali: During the Peak season, from March-June.
Shimla is one of the most popular hill stations in India and is one of the ideal places for weekend getaways from Delhi as there are many places to visit in Shimla. This place is apt for photographers because of the picturesqueness of the hill station.
Shimla is home to many beautiful places with spectacular views and architecture which is why it is emerging as a popular destination for offbeat travel as well.
- Must-have experiences in Shimla:
- Ice skating
- Mountain biking, and many more.
- Must-visit places in Shimla:
- Green Valley
- Jakhoo Hill
- Kali Bari Temple
- Viceregal Lodge
- Kuthar Fort
- Summer Hill, and many more.
- Travel time: 7 hours 35 mins, 347 km from Delhi.
- Best time to visit Shimla: Throughout the year, especially from May to June and December to January.
Located in Himachal Pradesh, Kullu is a resort town situated on the banks of the Beas River. Kullu is one of the best places for weekend getaways from Delhi as it is located at a distance of approximately 500 km from the national capital, Delhi.
Kullu is an ideal place for nature lovers as it is n abode to a vast variety of flora where the hills are covered with pine and deodar trees, adding a green picturesqueness to the place.
- Must-have experiences in Kullu:
- Kullu Dussehra in October (the main festival of Kullu)
- Snow skating
- Yak Safari
- Water sports, and many more.
- Must-visit places in Kullu:
- Bijli Mahadev Temple
- Jana Waterfall
- Chandrakhani Pass
- Pandoh Dam
- Tirthan Valley
- Prashar Lake, and many more.
- Travel time: 10 hours 34 mins, 497 km from Delhi.
- Best time to visit Kullu:
- March-June (summer)
- July-August (monsoon)
- October-February (winter)
Kasol, lying in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh is an ideal place for family tours because it’s beautiful, serene, adventurous, and available throughout the year. Due to the same, this place has attracted people from different parts of the world and not just India.
Kasol is well known in the travel community for being a haven for budget travelers and backpackers. More than a destination, this place can be proclaimed as an adventure itself.
- Must-have experiences in Kasol:
- Sightseeing at Malana
- Hippie shopping
- Visit Moon Dance Café
- Try Israeli Cuisine and many more.
- Must-visit places in Kasol:
- Kheer Ganga Peak
- Tosh Village
- Parvati River
- Malana Village
- Manikaran Gurudwara
- Chalal Village
- Pin Parvati Pass
- Bhuntar Town, and many more.
- Travel time: 11 hours 14 mins, 519 km from Delhi.
- Best time to visit Kasol: From October to June. To explore the vivid wilderness, visit from March to May.