Everyone loves their t-shirts, and they’ll take over every precaution that can make them last. Imagine you have a customized t-shirt on which your favorite quote or character is screen printed. Won’t you go to every major step that can help it to last for a long time? Well, one of the major problems of screen-printed t-shirts is that the print can fade away with time. However, there are a few ways to wash and dry your t-shirt that can make the print stay longer. Let’s take a look at those ways in this guide below:
The first thing that you need to do is stop washing your t-shirt with different garments. Keep it separate from others. Down below, we have discussed two ways, which are ideal for washing them.
This is the best way every person should wash their t-shirts. All you need to do is get a bucket, fill it with mild-hot water, put some detergent in it, and wait for it to dissolve. Once the detergent is dissolved in the water, turn your t-shirt inside out, put it inside the bucket, and wait for 15-20 minutes to get soaked completely inside. After that, agitate it gently, rinse, and hang it to dry.
- Take a bucket, fill it with mild-hot water, and detergent.
- If you have a stain remover spray, pre-treat the stained areas.
- Turn the t-shirt upside down, and put it inside the bucket.
- Gently rub the stained areas with the fabric itself.
- Let it soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse, pull it out, and let it dry.
However, please make sure that your t-shirt is upside down while washing or it can damage the print.
You might have an idea in your mind that washing any piece of fabric in a machine is not suitable, as it can make it tear. However, it is a misconception. There is no harm in washing your t-shirt in a machine, but you should take some proper precautions before doing that.
- The first step is that you must turn your t-shirt inside-out before putting it in the machine.
- It is better if you pre-treat the stained areas with a stain remover.
- Add the detergent to the machine in small quantities.
- Avoid filling in the machine with towels and jeans, as their fabric can cause damage to the fabric of your t-shirt.
- If you are washing your t-shirt with different garments, make sure that their fabric isn’t too heavy, as it can affect your t-shirt’s fabric.
- Use a gentle cycle with minimal detergent and cold water. The most common causes of t-shirts damage are hot water, abrasive detergents, and intensive wash cycles.
After washing, drying is the next most critical step, which can also ruin your favorite t-shirts. Mostly due to the heat, but also if your dryer is a little rough around the edges. If at all possible, stay away from the drying machine. The best way for drying is an air dryer. Or you can simply put it some place windy, where the air will help in making your t-shirt dry.
A t-shirt looks good if it is wrinkle-free. If not, then you must take some extra measures to keep it wrinkle-free. Well, if you take a look at the logo at the inside-top of your t-shirt, you will see some instructions on it, which, if you follow, can make it appear wrinkle-free. However, these tips are of no use. If you really want to ensure that your t-shirt is 100% wrinkle-free, you should steam and iron it time by time. Especially your cotton t-shirt, which is prone to wrinkles.
We hope that we have covered enough points in this guide that, if you follow, will help in making your t-shirts last longer. Also, if you are looking for screen printing options, Brands and Logos is your best bet. For more information, contact us through the number given on our website, or you can fill out the form available, and our representative will contact you.