The future of healthcare is here. Don’t you always wish that your doctor could just visit you at your home? Well, your wish has been granted because Telehealth services connect you to your doctor by using any video-enabling technology like Zoom or Skype, right from your living room. Telehealth visits can save you #141 each visit compared to in-person visits, which cost roughly $120 per visit. Not only that you are saving $156 in traveling costs and 9 years of traveling time just for a visit to your doctor’s office. Here are the top 5 things you should know about the Telehealth program offer at ChoicePoint dual diagnosis program.
Telehealth is here to stay: 5 things to know about Telehealth Program
Highly Convenient and Cost-Effective
According to the latest survey, 74% of patients prefer easy healthcare services over in-person meetings with doctors. What could be more convenient than your healthcare provider visiting you at your home, at your selected time and day? Telehealth has made reaching out to doctors and receiving urgent care much easier. Here is how:
- The average American earns $4365 per month and spends over $456 on healthcare. Telehealth programs aim to reduce the amount spent on healthcare by half.
- If you are suffering from any disability, there is no need to depend on anyone to take you to you your doctor.
- If you are a home-bound, full-time mother or someone with a hectic work schedule, there is no need to pause your activities to visit the doctor’s office. Just use the Telehealth program and your doctor will be there for you.
Accessible To Anyone, Anytime
Telehealth has revolutionized the receiving of treatment, you could be living far away from a clinic and still receive the treatment you deserve. Telehealth eliminates the distance between you and your doctor. With Telehealth, your doctor is always available on the other end, regardless of your location and time. All you have to do is:
- Book an appointment with a Telehealth urgent care clinic
- Set up a date and a day according to your schedule.
- Your healthcare provider will visit you virtually on the decided day and speak with you face-to-face
- Get the medical assistance you require
Popular amongst the Millenials
Millennials represent half of the American population. Therefore, making things easier for them and offering services that suit their needs is best. Telehealth programs are liked and favored by 60% of the millennial population. And here is why:
- Urgent and timely treatment is provided
- The virtual visits are more flexible and accommodate their busy life.
- 74% of millennials would rather have a virtual visit from their doctor than an in-person visit.
Increased Healthcare Access To Seniors
Telehealth has provided an easy way for seniors to reach out for help from their homes. Most of the seniors living in senior homes were often neglected and could not receive timely treatment. But with Telehealth, things are made easier because:
- Prescription refills have become easier
- Eliminates the need to travel more often
- Less exposure to the outside environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring
- Fewer late visits and absentees
At-home Drug Testing Made Easier
With drug abuse becoming more and more common every day, concerned parents and employers seek economical and easy ways to test kids and employees for any drugs in their system. With Telehealth, at-home drug testing has become more accessible than ever. At-home drug tests eliminate the need for anyone to visit an on-site doctor. The drug testing kits are mailed to your address and then you will perform drug tests in the presence of your doctor, who will monitor each step virtually.
A simple at-home drug test can detect the following drugs in your system:
Here are some more benefits of using Telehealth programs to perform an at-home drug test:
- Saves around $20 to $25 cost of per hospital visit
- At-home drug tests cost less than laboratory tests
- The results are quick and accurate
The Final Take Away…
The advent of Telehealth has made seeking medical assistance much easier. With Covid-19 and gas prices on the rise, Telehealth is the perfect solution. Telehealth services are 24/7 available for anyone either living in remote areas or with mobility limitations. ChoicePoint is a telehealth urgent care clinic that aims to serve the residents of New Jersey. At ChoicePoint, our DEA-certified doctors give addiction treatment using MAT.